Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for services?
Services primarily focus on the needs of newcomer students and their families. However, we encourage all CCSD students and families to reach out when in need of supportive services. Please call (702) 799-0072 for additional information.
Who is considered a newcomer student?
Children who have:
- Recently settled in the United States
- Been a CCSD student for less than two years
- Been identified as an English language learner
- Received an Overall WIDA ACCESS/Screener score of 1.0-2.9
What languages does the staff speak?
Staff are available daily to support in English and in Spanish. Support in other languages is based on interpreter availability. Call for additional information on what days your language is supported.
What are the hours of operation?
- Monday – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Thursday – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
*The CCSD Family Support Center is open in accordance with CCSD’s annual calendar.
Will I need an appointment?
Newcomer students and families are always welcome. In an effort to offer the needed support and interpretation in your language on the day of your visit, appointments are strongly encouraged. For appointments call (702) 799-0072.
The onsite UNLV Pediatric Clinic does require appointments to be seen by a medical professional. For appointments call (702) 586-9943.
Contact for information:
1720 S. Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89104