Family and Student Resources
The Family Engagement Department provides all CCSD families with valuable resources and learning opportunities. Our mission is to empower and educate our families to support their child’s overall well-being and academic achievement.
Regardless of citizenship status, children living in the United States are legally permitted to receive an elementary, middle, and high school education through the U.S. public school system thanks to the 1982 decision in Plyler v Doe.
If you have a student who may qualify in one of the categories listed below and are in need of support, please contact UNIFY at (702) 799-0072 (extension 5019) or email SilvaAV@nv.ccsd.net.
- DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
- TPS (Temporary Protected Status)
- Aylee/Asylum Seeker
The Family Support Center staff provides support for schools, teachers, and administrators:
Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- A foreign transcripts evaluation process is available for new middle and high school students entering the Clark County School District (CCSD) from foreign countries. Foreign transcript evaluations assist school registrars and counselors in establishing appropriate grade-level placement, determining equivalent CCSD credits, and assigning the most suitable student schedule to facilitate graduation.
- Note: This service does not apply to foreign exchange students or students studying abroad in schools sponsored by the Department of Defense Education Activity agency.
- Foreign Transcripts Evaluation Process and Forms
Newcomer Student Resources
- Professional learning for all educators- Newcomer Instructional Pathway: Welcoming and Inclusive Practices Professional Learning: Registration Link
- The Invasion of Ukraine: Resources for Educators and Families: Support for Ukrainian families and students.
- Sesame Street in Communities: Displacement & Resettlement: Resources in Ukrainian and Russian students
- Immigrant Connections: Self-paced courses specific to meeting the needs of immigrant and refugee students and families
- Newcomer Orientation: Sample slides to be modified for the current school year and school. Used to support families as they transition into CCSD and assigned school(s).
- ELLD Canvas Resources
Contact for information:
1720 S. Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89104